Gary,
yes, sorry. You even wrote, that in semiosis determination is never complete or exact. Before, I had read terms like "determination", "determinism" only in the sense of exact determination. So I was confused. Still I feel a bit reluctant to subsume so different things like cause-and-effect, and different kinds of interpretation by a mind, both under the term "determination"  That is, because I am used to, in a generalisation, use the weaker term (in this case eg. "interpretation", "causation") for the general term, but not the stronger one ("determination"). Something like that, just for apology.
Best,
Helmut
Gesendet: Montag, 11. April 2016 um 22:12 Uhr
Von: g...@gnusystems.ca
An: peirce-l@list.iupui.edu
Betreff: RE: RE: [PEIRCE-L] Determination, etc.

Helmut,

Yes, by all means write it down step by step, and think it through before you share it with us, whether it’s a “new theory” or not. That’s what I did with both of my recent long posts. Also, since they were about Peirce’s concept of “determination,” I was careful to include his definition of the term near the beginning. You should probably do the same with yours, as it seems to be quite different from Peirce’s, if you’re going to post it here.

Gary f.