Jerry,
O-R-I in my table is the objective sequence with deduction. Maybe this is the same as Sub Specie Aeternitatis? Like deduction might be sort of the natural or basic form of inquiry, to which the other forms are compared? R-O-I is what I had called the subjective sequence as it happens in the interpreters mind: Something happens, and this is the reason for the sign, temporally. This event then is the representamen, which fits to an object. The object is a knowledge of the mind. It has (objectively) existed before the event has showed up, but was unconscious, in sort of a sleeping mode, so, subjectively, it is the second thing perceived, after the event.
Best,
Helmut
Gesendet: Dienstag, 03. Mai 2016 um 00:12 Uhr
Von: "Jerry Rhee" <jerryr...@gmail.com>
An: "Helmut Raulien" <h.raul...@gmx.de>
Cc: "Edwina Taborsky" <tabor...@primus.ca>, "Jon Awbrey" <jawb...@att.net>, "Jon Alan Schmidt" <jonalanschm...@gmail.com>, "Gary Richmond" <gary.richm...@gmail.com>, Peirce-L <peirce-l@list.iupui.edu>
Betreff: Re: Re: [PEIRCE-L] Re: Is CP 5.189 A Syllogism? Can Categorial Analysis Be Worthwhile?

Helmut:

Thank you for that but a genuine problem is that I am a Second (Yes and No, Agent and Patient), and I say it’s not representamen, object, interpretant.

Rather, I say “object, representamen, interpretant”.

This is akin to my claiming that my view is the “sub specie aeternitatis”.

So, why ROI and not ORI?

Because the inquiry begins with the phenomenon, not the representamen.

And “The surprising fact, C, is observed.  But if representamen A were true…”

Best,
Jerry Rhee