Hi all,

As a point of clarification:

This is an argument:
The surprising fact, C, is observed.
But if A were true, C would be a matter of course.
Hence, there is reason to suspect that A is true.

because An "Argument" is any *process of thought* *reasonably tending to
produce a definite belief*.  In an argument, the premisses form a
representation of the conclusion, because they indicate the interpretant of
the argument, or representation representing it to represent its object.

This is an argumentation:
C = Father
A = Son
B = Spirit

because An "Argumentation" is an *Argument proceeding upon definitely
formulated premisses*.

Best,
Jerry R

This maxim once accepted, – intelligently accepted, in the light of the
evidence of its truth, – speedily sweeps all metaphysical rubbish out of
one’s house. Each abstraction is either pronounced to be gibberish or is
provided with a plain, practical definition.