Jerry,

i believe we are talking about different things. Obviously there stands the
word 'democracy', but it is mentioned within a list of different uses of the
word 'hypotheses'. Therefore it is possible, that it is just an example and
does not necessarily express his personal views on democracy. Why do you think
it is more than an example? I am not sure about it and open to another reading.

Best,
Stefan