Dear John, list:

I just read the Bohm/Sheldrake conversation.  In my opinion, the
conversation is unnecessarily abstruse given that they are talking about
embryonic transformation. Still, they do touch upon interesting gaps in
convergence between philosophy, embryology and physics that I think ought
to be brought to our attention.

That they do this without a single mention of genetics would be considered
bizarre by biologists.  For instance, the conversation about chreodes and
canalization can be understood as sampled distributions of actual over
potential (available) phenotypes, which are influenced by genetics and
chance interactions (cell positioning, environmental interactions over
time).

Regardless, I’m glad I read it, for its historical and topical content.