Gary, list,

I prefer the use of Peirce’s Icon/index/symbol of a “genuine triadic
relation”—“a node with three lines of identity” instead of a triangle.
Ogden popularized the Peircean concept of triangle in an appendix in his
book “The Meaning of Meaning”, and that triangle has been repeated over and
over. I believe the node with three lines of identity makes immediate,
diagrammatic sense and I believe shows forth the openness inherent in
triadic relations. I’d like to investigate this—its historical context,
literature on it, etc. Do you think I’m making sense, and /or can you point
me in the right direction? Thanks.

Mary Libertin

--
null