Edwina, a few responses,

ET: “this is simply how YOU choose to read Peirce.”

GF: Yes. That is exactly what I said in my post, and I gave my reasons for
choosing to read that way, and said explicitly that people who read differently
have a right to do so.

ET: “you cannot claim that your method produces 'the correct Peirce'.”

GF: I neither made nor implied any such claim. You are the one who applies the
word “correct” to your own reading, as for instance in your post to Mary the
other day.

ET: “I read ALL of Peirce.”

GF: Really? That’s much more than I can claim. And I read Peirce sentence by
sentence, paper by paper, and often have to read papers more than once. You are
truly fortunate if you are not subject to such limitations.

ET: “I'm not belittling you! I focus only on the issue and never on the
person.”

GF: You are accusing me of doing what you yourself are doing in this very post:
focusing on me, or rather on your misreading of me. I guess you don’t consider
methods of reading an important semiotic issue, which is fine, but if you want
to make more personal attacks, I suggest you take them offlist. Just don’t
expect me to respond. I’m going back to studying Peirce’s Lowell lectures — my
way, of course: I’m not finished with reading Peirce as you are.

Gary f.