John, List:

> On Apr 17, 2018, at 5:04 PM, John F Sowa <s...@bestweb.net> wrote:
>
> On 4/17/2018 4:41 PM, Jerry LR Chandler wrote:
>> I was referring to music, not merely a collection of notes.
>
> I certainly agree that the same notes played by Jascha Heifetz
> and the kid next door would not be comparable in quality.

This response is remote from my point.
The attributes of the parts (notes) are merely that, attributes of parts, no
matter who plays them.
I was referring to the logic of mereology.

>> Are your assertions, based on 7 notes in one measure, rather broad and
>> superficial for meaningful musical notation for a score?
>
> There are standards for transcribing and linearizing any musical score
> into a form that could be automatically translated to and from any
> notation for first-order logic.

Great!  Glad to learn of such capabilities.

Changing notations is merely that that. (Think of Laplace transforms.)

The emotions that different compositions raise in me are not expressed in first
order logic.

We have moved rather far from CSP writings.

I will leave the last word to you.

Cheers

Jerry

BTW It must have been a pleasure to have Stephan Bauer-Mengelberg as a
professional colleague.