Edwina, list,

E wrote:

I agree and am puzzled by the strong effort of some to develop an isolate
framework of the work of Peirce - a particular framework based around a purely
intellectual outline of interactions and strict terminological definitions
which in my opinion both utterly miss the basic point of Peircean semiosis -
which is its capacity to analyze and explain the dynamic, adaptive, living
infrastructure and processes of the real world. These abstract interactions and
definitions have, so far, been unable to explain these processes of the real
world.

RE: I would formulate the goal not as looking for an explanation. For me, such
an enterprise ought to aid in getting better immediate objects of the dynamical
object that is being studied. Diagrams are excellent means to come to grips
with complex systems by supporting and organizing the analysis, although it
seems safe to assume they always will lag behind and are incomplete. It is an
aid, not an answer.

Auke