}JAS, list

        Please define 'objective idealism'. As a 'species of idealism' [and
I'm not sure what that means] - please explain the difference between
'idealism' and 'objective idealism'. I don't object to the term of
'idealism' in the phrase of 'objective idealism' - but I DO object to
any notion that this term means that either Mind or Matter is
primordial.

        Peirce did write that "the physical law as derived and special, the
psychical law alone as primordial, which is idealism" 6.24. BUT he
did NOT say that he accepted this - ie, with idealism alone as
primordial; and the physical as derived.

         Instead, he wrote" the one intelligible theory of the universe is
that of objective idealism, that matter is effete mind, inveterate
bits becoming physical laws". This is absolutely not the same as
idealism; there is no mention of primordial and no mention of mind as
privileged.

        And - you haven't referenced 2.322 as I asked. I can't find that
section and certainly, Peirce didn't insert the categories in
brackets.

        As for whether or not my views are 'absurd' - I don't think I need
such terms applied to me. My interpretation of Peirce is different
from yours. Period.

        Edwina
 On Sat 03/08/19 11:38 AM , Jon Alan Schmidt jonalanschm...@gmail.com
sent:
 Edwina, List:
 ET:  I feel that your view of Peirce, with its 'idealism' rather
than 'objective idealism' is in line with your own personal theism.
 I feel that your view of Peirce, with its absurd claim that
objective idealism is somehow not a species of idealism, is in line
with your own personal atheism.
 ET:  Now - whether these views are also similar to those of Peirce -
is a matter for debate.
 No, again, Peirce's position is quite plainly stated in the text of
CP 6.24-25--not dualism, neutralism, or materialism, but idealism;
specifically, objective idealism, which holds "the psychical law
alone as primordial" and "that matter is effete mind."
 Regards,
 Jon S.