Following Jon's assertion, an internet search reveal fresh information on the
usage of “ampliative”, starting with the  citation in the Comment Dictionary.

The Commens dictionary states:
News | Posted 12/03/2017
Workshop: Ampliative Reasoning in the Sciences
<http://www.commens.org/news/item/workshop-ampliative-reasoning-sciences>
Charles Peirce introduced the term “ampliative” for reasoning in which the
conclusion of an argument goes beyond that what is already contained in its
premises (Collected Papers 2.623).

The citation at 2.623 concerns the bean counting examples wrt Induction and
Hypothesis.
Ampliative does not occur in 2.623

Apparently, the citation was picked by the sponsors of the subsequent
conference where Commens provides the following statement:

Charles Peirce introduced the term “ampliative” for reasoning in which the
conclusion of an argument goes beyond that what is already contained in its
premises (Collected Papers 2.623). This is how the term is still standardly
used in contemporary logic and philosophy of science, and how it is to be
understood in the title of this workshop.

(The purpose of the workshop was to explore possible meanings of the term.)

Analytically, the citation lacks logical coherence.  After all, even a simple
deduction goes beyond what is already contained in the premises!

BTW, 2.630 uses the term, “amplifiative”, perhaps in a different sense.

The Oxford  dictionary cites “amplicative reasoning”.  (But reasoning is a
general term with many meanings
Term used by Peirce to denote arguments whose conclusions go beyond their
premises (and hence amplify the scope of our beliefs). Inductive arguments and
arguments to the best explanation are not deductively valid, but may yield
credible conclusions. Most reasoning takes us to conclusions that go beyond our
data, in ways that interest us.

Historically, apparently the term did not originate with CSP:

"1653, Hugh Binning (1627–1653), “Sermon VI.”, in  The Works of the Rev. Hugh
Binning‎[1] <http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/24238>, page 579:
Therefore I take it to be rather declarative, or ampliative, or both."

In summary, this evidence appears to support the ablative usage of the term
“ampliative” as an adjective that modifies the perception of the scale of the
scope of a logic in order to be consistent with the meaning of the Latin root.

Jon wrote:
>>  That being the case, necessary reasoning is by definition not ampliative
>> but merely explicative.

I continue to maintain that this is problematic.  Necessary reasoning in often
ampliative.

Cheers

Jerry