Jon, List:

Some comments from the perspective of modern science are offered.  While
technical language is remote from the languaging of CSP, there is a remote
possibility that it may be useful since the notion that atoms beget molecules
has not changed.

It is well known that abductive logic is essential to constructing the
alignments of atoms of chemical graphs, locative logic among pairs of the
indices. These abductive propositions are later verified by physical methods
that became available after 1913, such as X-ray crystallography.

Given that the composition of terms is necessary to construct molecular graphs
from atomic names of elements (the index), the challenge of “proof of
structure” is to construct such existential graphs that are consistent the
attributes (predicates) of matter.

Scientific locative logic uses the algebra of atomic numbers and their valence
to draw objective truth functions from the thematic and dicisigns to generate
the symbol that corresponds with the legisign.  These factors are necessary in
chemistry to differentiate isomers (such as handedness).

These occasions arise when the analysis of the two different sin-signs
generates identical atomic indices but with two different sets of quali-signs.
Existential graphs can be used to show why / how the patterns of the two
natural objects (sin-signs) differ and hence are nominated as two different
legisigns with names that specify the sameness of the indices but also specify
the difference in the relative locations of the same parts in the two different
wholes. (This is a crude statement of the concept of isomerism.)

While I find your explications of your beliefs to be unrefined, it appears
possible that a semantic path between your beliefs and CSP’s assertion that
chemistry is the bedrock of his logic is conceivable.

Reasoning “backwards" from molecules to atomic constituents and alignments
within a locative logic is essential to the pragmatism of the chemical
sciences. Also, modern work (21 st Century) in artificial intelligence often
crow about the power of back-chaining propositions and many papers assert
positions about various meanings of “abductive” reasoning.

Avoiding narratives about “lattices” will probably serve you well.

Cheers

Jerry