Cf: Charles Sanders Peirce, George Spencer Brown, and Me • 8
https://inquiryintoinquiry.com/2017/08/22/charles-sanders-peirce-george-spencer-brown-and-me-8/

Re: Boundary Logic

For me, the heart of the matter is “what is the purpose of logic and
what is the purpose of mathematics and what is their relationship?”

There are semiotic situations which appear to violate the
initial conditions of logic but there are ways of approaching
them without reducing our brains to jelly from the getgo.
Charles S. Peirce, following on Aristotle’s negotiation of
the boundary between logic and rhetoric, developed his theory
of triadic sign relations in large part to manage just these
sorts of situations.

I’m determined to keep my gnosis close to the grinstone for
the time being but here is a smattering of old notes which
give a hint as to Peirce’s way of approaching the question.

C.S. Peirce on “General” and “Vague”
https://oeis.org/wiki/User:Jon_Awbrey/EXCERPTS#Excerpt_6._Peirce_.28CP_5.448.29
https://cs.nyu.edu/pipermail/fom/2009-March/thread.html#13437
1. https://cs.nyu.edu/pipermail/fom/2009-March/013437.html