Cf: Charles Sanders Peirce, George Spencer Brown, and Me • 11
http://inquiryintoinquiry.com/2021/01/18/charles-sanders-peirce-george-spencer-brown-and-me-11/

All,

There's a new “Laws of Form” group in town.  James Bowery et al. have
just revived the earlier group on a new platform and everything looks
pretty handy so far.  There's an honest-to-goodness 60s vibe about it
for me since it's well-known to those in the know how Spencer Brown's
work builds on Peirce's, not just because his calculus of indications
resurrects aspects of Peirce's alpha level logical graphs but because
the broader scope of his interests touched on inductive reasoning and
the whole welter of knotty tangles in the pragmatics of communication,
computation, concept formation which Ashby, Arbib, Bateson, Korzybski,
R.D. Laing, McCulloch, Peirce, Polanyi, Watzlawick, and others probed
in the matrix of quasi-paradoxes and games people play with symbols.

All of which inspires me to revise and extend the series of posts
I shared with the old group a few years back, fixing in passing
the large number of now broken links.

Regards,

Jon

inquiry into inquiry: https://inquiryintoinquiry.com/