Jerry - list

Ii think you yourself know the answer - but…let’s say, the word ‘ headache’ =
or any sound

1] If you have, within your mind, a developed, learned knowledge base that
recognizes this sound as having-a-meaning-, then, the triadic interaction is:

Sound-> Memory or Knowledge Base -> Meaning of the sound as a word

2] If you don’t have this sound within your mind’s knowledge base, then, the
triadic interaction is:

Sound->Memory or Knowledge Base -> noise/ ..the ‘meaning’ is empty…and the
sound entropically dissipates, so to speak.

I like your definitions of ‘relation’ - particularly the sense of ’to bear or
to carry’.. I think that describes the semiosic relation quite well.

By the way - the Sinsign is not a single term, but is the mediative
Represetnamen within a triad, where the Representamen is in a mode of
Secondness.

So- all of life functions within these triadic relations…and , of course, that
means that there is even no such thing as a singular triad. Everything is
networking with other triads.

Edwina