I probably am Eurocentric, in the sense that I believe that modern
capitalism began in England, although I'm certain that England greatly
benefited from its imperial booty.

Much of the discussion about China is consistent with Eurocentrism.  China
and India may well have been more advanced than England in many ways.
England, in fact, was backward by European standards.

I don't really understand why we can't disagree with somebody without
making them out to be an evil force.  I only met Brenner once briefly.  I
never met Ellen Wood.  I have learned from both even though I disagree
with some things that they wrote.

I better be careful lest I put my ear at risk.
 -- Michael Perelman
Economics Department
California State University Chico, CA 95929

Tel. 530-898-5321
E-Mail [EMAIL PROTECTED]