Martin:

There is certainly material in the health & inequality literature. You might take a look at a look at several articles on the subject in The American Journal of Public Health, September 1997 (Vol 87.#9), especially the article by Ichiro Kawachi et al, on "Social Capital, Income Inequality, and Mortality."

Good luck.

Joel Blau

Martin Watts wrote:

If anyone has any references on the relationship between inequality and
'social dysfunction' in the USA (and Australia?), I would be most grateful.
Also the dynamic relationship between inequality and growth. I know the list
has touched on the latter before, but my filing system is not the best!
In case you haven't guessed, it is research grant application time here Down
Under!
Thanks in anticipation.
Martin Watts