>On Behalf Of Ken Hanly
>
> So how long did the US survive with slavery, with no voting
> rights for blacks or
> women.
> Is that an argument for slavery, etc.?

Ken, this is just a bizarre analogy. Michael argues that earnings tests
endanger SS's political survivability; I point out that it has survived
quite well with such an earnings test.

Since the point was he wanted Social Security to survive, how does comparing
it to institutions like slavery serve the argument?  What point were you
trying to make?

-- Nathan