Ellen Frank wrote:

>Well, the fat boys can be soaked via taxes and other forms of expropriation
>or the rich can be by-passed altogether, by creating alternative forms
>of social wealth.  These are not mutually exclusive.

That's what I don't get - how can you bypass the rich. If money and
capital are social relations, and I'm orthodox enough to think they
are - the foundational relationships of capitalist society, in fact -
then how do you bypass them? It's not like they're not going to
notice. And since money represents real resources, or a claim on real
resources, how can you change monetary relations without changing
social relations? I think the characteristic feature of monetary
crankery is trying to finesse these problems.

Doug