Doug Henwood wrote:

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> >labor-religion coalition? interfaith commitee? people of faith net work?
> >what are these to be exact? what have they got to with labor rights,
> >sweatshops and social justice issues?
>
> I'm no fan of religion, and I'm guessing you're not either, but
> there's no doubt that religious people do lots of extremely admirable
> labor, human rights, and antiwar work. So they've got lots to do with
> the issues you seem to think they don't.

Without Roman Catholics there would have been no significant
Central America solidarity work in my area during the '80s.
Without Roman Catholics and Mennonites we would have had
a far weaker Anti-Gulf War Coalition. The most dependable
comrades Jan and I have locally are three Roman Catholics.
And see Lenin's comments on Father Gopin and the importance
of there being thousands more like Father Gopin. (He called
Trotsky a blowhard for not seeing that importance.)

Carrol