it is indeed true that religious folks do a lot of "useful" things. the
last time I was in Turkey, they were subjecting girls to virginity tests
in local high schools in case there was a complaint from their parents
about the sexual dignity of their daughters..

in other times, they created a transportation system in municipalities,
somewhere in remote places of Anotolia, that was gender segregated. Their
justification was the protection of women's bodies from male contact.

very humanitarian aid infact!

are your catholic folks progressive enough when it comes to gender
issues? just crucious to know...

Mine