>  Jim Blaut in his book *The Colonizer's Model of the World* gives a
> partial list
> of what he takes to be core eurocentric theories. I hope he doesn't mind
> me reproducing it here.
>
> 1. The Neolithic Revolution-- the invention of agriculture and the
> beginnings of a settled way of life for humanity-- occurred in the
> Middle East (or bible lands). This view was unopposed before 1930, and
> is still the majority view.

what's eurocentric about this?- never mind that this is still the
proven view.

> 2. The second major step in cultural evolution towards modern
> civilization, the emergence of the earliest states, cities, organized
> religions, writing sytems, division of labor and the like, was taken in
> the Middle East.

So? does he mean it had to happen in every corner of the world
otherwise it is eurocentric. Is he aware that the Middle East is not
Europe.

> 3. The Age of Metals began in the Middle East. Ironworking was invented
> in the Middle East or eastern Europe and the "Iron Age" first appeared
> in Europe.

?????????

> 4.Monotheism appeared first in the MIddle East.

I would categorized everything else that follows (below) as a simple
play on the words "invented" or "emerged first". Nothing serious.