Michael Perelman wrote:

>All the reports that I get indicate that the sweatshop workers do not get a
>living wage.  Their money wage may be greater than their parents, but their
>parents had access to the food production and the light that was not priced
>on the market.  So the money wage is misleading.

A friend of mine who spent 2 years as a wire service reporter in
Vietnam - she opened Dow Jones's Hanoi bureau - said she interviewed
lots of (mostly female) workers who much prefer working for Nike to
working in the rice fields. They make more money, the work is less
onerous, and they feel partly freed from rural patriarchy.

Sorry, that's what she says.

Doug