Brad, pen-l's resident contrarian, writes:
>I think that the line between Sweezy's attitude toward rock-and-roll and
>the suppression of the Czechoslovakian Jazz Section, or the bulldozing of
>Moscow modern art exhibits, is pretty clear.

Actually, the (disgusting) quote from MONOPOLY CAPITAL was by both Baran
_and_ Sweezy. Though as co-author of that book, Sweezy can't be totally
absolved of the horrible guilt of being against rock'n'roll,

________

CB: Don't you think that as a genre, rock'n'roll is a failure , like the Soviet Union,
and hoola hoops ?  Isn't rock'n'roll a sort of dystopia ?

Didn't it just come out that the CIA WAS promoting modern art with an anti-communist
political aim ?

CB