Friends,

I think that Jim Craven's attack on the "Beats" is a little overboard.  It's
hard to see how a radical person could not be moved by allen ginsburg's
"America" or "kaddish" and many others.  I'm not excusing the way they lived or
some of their more outrageous acts of sexism, etc.  But still a person can gain
something from the writing without endorsing anything else.

also, jim's view of anarchists is a little too strong in my view.  During the
spanish civil war, the anarchists converted churches into latrines.  they can't
be all bad!

in solidarity,

michael yates