Fusfeld was always a leftie, long before the war.  When he retired, he
recommended me as his replacement.  Michigan gave me a perfunctory
interview in which they expressed extreme disinterest long before I
entered the room.

Gurley is a Quaker.  His revulsion with the war was crucial.

Paul Z. might have an interesting story to tell us.

--
Michael Perelman
Economics Department

Tel. 530-898-5321