From:  Tony Laramie            e-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Merrimack College, North Andover, MA

A0      General Economics and Teaching
F0      International Economics
01      Economics Development
P5      Comparative Economic Systems

The Department of Economics is seeking applications for a full-time temporary
replacement
position at the rank of assistant professor, beginning in January, 1995 and ending in
December 1996.  The successful candidate will be teaching Principles of Microeconomics
and Macroeconomics, International Trade, Comparative Economic Systems, and other
fields subject to negotiations.  The standard teaching load is four courses, with two
preparations per semester.  A Ph.D. is preferred but ABDŐs will be considered.  We are
especially interested in candidates who may be able to work in our academic program
emphasizing inquiry and conversation about civilization.  Applicants should send a
curriculum vita, evidence of teaching effectiveness, a writing sample, a graduate
transcript,
and three letters of recommendation to:  Search Committee, Department of Economics,
Merrimack College, No, Andover, MA  01845.  Merrimack College is an equal opportunity
employer;  women and minorities are encouraged to apply.