----- Original Message -----
From: "Max Sawicky" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>Nothing.  The question was whether the Admin was
>helping movements.  It isn't, far as I can see.

How do you define "helping movements"?  Holding their hands and helping them
throw the rocks at the police?

In the real GOP attacks on actual left movements, from the McIntosh
Amendment to cripple all nonprofits receiving federal funds to the TEAM Act
to undermine unions, the Clinton administration not only fought the GOP but
prevailed in blocking the bills.   The largest "movement" loss as far as
strict crippling of left organizing were the restrictions passed on Legal
Services, but at least Legal Services was not defunded altogether, which
many in the Gingrich crew sought to do.

While the Clinton administration has been bad in a number of policy areas,
they have actually been pretty good in areas of directly supporting union
organizing, both in executive orders and in blocking bad GOP legislation.

W will not, which is the best reason to support Gore.

-- Nathan Newman