> It is interesting how narcissistic this list has become -- totally
> focussed on the US and the selection of its imperial majesty.
> Now I realize how important American domestic politics is for the
> rest of the world -- since domestic politics in the US can result in
> thousands of deaths of innocents around the world.  But does this
> mean we should lament the loss of Gore (adequately named?)
> since the Democrats have been the leading force of American
> Imperialism in this century?  Perhaps those of us outside the US
> would rather see American capital beat up American workers rather
> than combine to beat up workers in the rest of the world.
> Paul Phillips,

Be it resolved:
That since everyone (US and non-US) is told incessantly that US prez is
"most powerful elected official in world"

and

That since above is unfortunately true *and* really fuckin' dangerous

Everyone, everywhere on earth has right to vote for chief
representative and guardian of capitalism....  Michael Hoover