Mike Zellefrow wrote:

> Hello-
>  I'm curious - define "working class". Give me an
> income range.

Class is not a thing but a relation. Income is irrelevant except
when it is a disguised from of participation in surplus value.

> For example, a self-employed carpenter

Petty Producer, whether his/her income is 5k or 200k

> runs his own business and grosses 120k a year, is he
> part of the "working class"? What about the computer
> programmer who manages to pull down 90k per annum?

Working Class. Not a very interesting member of the working
class, but still a member of it, insofar as she is constituted by
her relation to capital, which is constituted by its relation to her.
Read Bertell Ollman.

> I've often wondered how to define terms such as
> "working class", middle class, upper class,

"Middle" and "Upper" have no relationship to class.

> etc. and
> where the income limits/ranges start for each one.

Class is a process, a complex of relations, not a thing, not
a box into which you toss cubes. Class makes no sense
except as a complex of internal relations of capitalism.

Carrol