I have never been able to figure out why Romer's work has made such a
buzz.  The only thing different between his an Solow's is that he
emphasizes that the supposed key source of growth has no marginal cost.
Whereas Solow's idea of growth would be technology embodied in machines,
Romer's is information, which can be infinitely re-used.

--
Michael Perelman
Economics Department

Tel. 530-898-5321