I've never understood, given a certain set of assumptions, why endogenous growth
theory was more satisfactory than neoclassical theory. In the textbooks I've read, the
difference comes down to the role of technology (NCt doesn't really explain why this
is the limit of growth, or where it comes from, but okay) and diminishing returns on
capital investment. Was endogenous growth theory just made up to answer the question
about statistical correlations between savings and growth? Or was there a better
reason?

Even if the marginal cost of info is nothing, the marginal cost of producing anything
by using information (even profit in financial markets) is not zero, and so you're
basically back to Solow's model, it would seem.

Christian