>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 03/08/01 12:31PM >>>
irrational for who? what do you people mean by 'rational'?

is class exploitation irrational? is unemployment irrational in a capitalist
economy?

((((((((

CB: No doubt "rational" can be calculated from a number of means/ends relationships,
but the one I would focus on is rational from the standpoint of the group of people as
a whole, which with more and more globalization gets to be from the standpoint of the
human species as a whole. This is a link with democracy, which has as a first
principle Popular Sovereignty or The People as a Whole, now the People of the whole
world as a Whole - All Power to all the People as a Whole.  This is not easy to
fulfill :>), but it is the goal or principle we must aim for as democrats. Even if we
just stick to the U.S. and its people as a whole, or Detroit and its people as a
whole, the first measure of the rational is that how does it impact the group _as a
whole_ ?

So, class exploitation may be rational for a tiny minority , but the "commanding" and
first rational test is "how does it impact the People as a whole, to a person, every
last one of them ?  "

>From a philosophical standpoint , we must start with the whole, and then to the
>parts, majority, minority, individual.