Just to add one quick comment to Matt's comments on Becker: The other thing Becker
and all those other human capital theorists refuse to incorporate into their
theories is the concept of power.  As long as everyone is equal, then the entire
fault for unequal treatment in the labor market falls to the individual.  The minute
some people have more power than others, skill is no longer the equilibrating factor
in the labor market.  maggie coleman