As I see it on this thread, you started out trying to discredit Greg Tarpinian's
report on the Teamster's convention by redbaiting and guilt by association, and now I
come back a little while later and you are claiming your freedom of speech is being
harmed But what was your original redbaiting but cutting off discourse ?  So, it is
difficult to be sympathetic to your complaints below.

The simple question ( or one of them) is did Tarpinian accurately report that the
Teamsters changed their constitution to provide for direct election of officers ? If
so , that is a democratic advance worthy of the history of TDU, and your speculations
about Tarpianian being opportunist or motivated by anti-Trotskyism ( not to mention
part of a Communist Party front)  is the original discouse-dampening move on this
thread.

Charles Brown

There's no progress without struggle, especially class struggle.

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 07/15/01 11:09AM >>>
The issue, as I see it, is that Justin thinks that he has the right to decide what
questions and issues are discussed in open and public forums. If you raise questions
about the relationship of ideological left organizations and the trade union movement
that he does not approve of, he calls you a "red baiter." If you refuse to be
intimidated by that tactic, he descends into personal attacks of a most vitroilic
type. And if that doesn't work at silencing you, then he is going to call upon the
list moderator to do it.

For all of his pieties about liberal democracy and free speech, what we have here is
nothing but a naked authoritarian attempt to silence the expression of views he does
not apporve of. If he thinks for one moment I am going to censor what I have to say
about the trade union movement and the relationship of left organizations to it,
opinions which come from years of activist work in goth venue, because of his tirades,
he has another guess coming.

Leo Casey