From: Max Sawicky [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, August 17, 2001 3:06 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PEN-L:16001] RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: From Brad De Long

. . .  So there is limited or no rationale
>for an overall budget constraint, whether expressed in
>dollars or lives.

So what's the limit on this? What keeps you from descending to the
horrific Summers/Pritchett level, where the logic of dumping toxic
waste in Africa is "impeccable"?  Doug

Good question.  It would seem to defy science.
Maybe we should ask what Jesus would do.

mbs