Ditto,  But what is so special and correct about any given neoclassical
solution to this question?

-----Original Message-----
From: Carrol Cox [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, August 17, 2001 4:26 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PEN-L:16014] Re: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: From Brad
De Long

Max Sawicky wrote:

> That's interesting as far as matching policies to
> popular preferences, but does it tell me
> how to vote if I'm dedicated to the common good?

If I weren't tired and didn't have errands to run, I'd try to give a
substantive commentary here, but I am tired and must run, so I'll state
a dogma that I think could be defended undogmatically.

Progressive politicians ought not to honor the common good; they ought
(by fair means or foul) defend the interests of working people,
primarily black & female working people. They ought also (though this is
actually redundant) do all in their power to sabotage the work of the
Defense Dept., the State Dept. and the Attorney General.

Carrol