>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 08/28/01 06:05PM >>>
At 11:55 AM 08/28/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>Yes, this is all correct.  I have recently completed an extensive review of
>this subject for cancer that supports this.  BUT, what Deaton found was that
>the average health status of WHITE men as well as Black men is worse in
>SMSAs with higher percent black population.

this reminds me of Michael Reich's finding (in his RACIAL INEQUALITY, for
which I was a research assistant) that areas with high gaps between white
and black incomes also had high income gaps among white incomes, suggesting
that the white working class was weakened by racial differences.

((((((((

CB: Now there's a thought.

Black , Brown and white, unite and fight !