----- Original Message -----
From: "Rakesh Bhandari" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> >Right. The public library in Peoria Ill. is going to carry stuff
from
> >Elgar. Not to mention the library in Pendelton Oregon or
Browsnville
> >Texas.
>
> oh, ian, is that where the duke and nyu anti globalization student
> activists are from?

===================

Then address your concerns with them in a productive manner! Nobody's
perfect Rakesh.

> oh i see what raffer and singer are discussing concerns  basically
> only poor old idiosyncratic me. maybe the internet is dominated by
> americans so one has to really attempt to bend the stick in the
other
> direction if we are to have an honest, global discussion about
global
> trade.

==============
You need to take Doug's advice, Rakesh. No one activist or scholar can
read *every* text on every issue. Do people on this list point out all
the books you've never read? Or all the ideas you've never had? Yes
the net is US-centric and we should all do what we can to change that.
Maybe you should complain to The Nation and The Progressive  and
Monthly Review about their lack of coverage of the digital divide and
it's role as a tool in class struggle?

> >You ain't winning any allies, or are you aspiring to be a party of
> >one?
>
> If I were aspiring to be a party of one, I would not be submitting
> posts in which I, unlike you, attempt to give my *reasons* for my
> criticism of Ricardo's trade model or of the one sided misuse of the
> word clerical fascism.
>
> Rakesh
==============

I feel no need to critique the Ricardian model anymore than I feel the
need to critique phlogiston-caloric theories of heat. I don't care
what type of hair splitting goes on with how non-Muslims obsessed with
the taxonomy of social kinds identify the authoritarian belligerence
of Muslim clerics and their followers who have world views that are
apologetic and/or inciting with regards to violence and an obsession
with telling people they've never met what's ethical and what's not.
Anymore than I give a hoot about what Jerry Falwell thinks about pot
smoking and non-marital sex.

Ian