>I would say that keynesian demand management combined
>with a good safety net, ample social insurance,

and Max I am with you on the fight to preserve and expand such programmes.

>and a new
>agency that would rapidly resolve business bankruptcies and
>redeploy their assets, would solve the underlying problems of
>the capitalist system, if I only had a brain.

Please give some details on what you have in mind. S&L like bailouts?
And what do you think the underlying problem(s) are of the capitalist
system?

>The problem here is RB is arguing with me and a corporal's guard
>of others, but we're not in this thread, so he has to argue with people
>who can't resist talking to him, even though they don't disagree with
>him.

well now that you have been smoked out--to use the common
parlance--please do go on.

RB