Similar to Brenner in many ways, yes.  We both worked on the transition to
capitalism about the same time.  Several people pointed out the similarity
between his New Left Review piece and my own work.  When I saw it, my first
thought was plagiarism.  I asked about it and he explained the pathway that he
followed, thoroughly convincingly that we were just working along similar lines.

--

Michael Perelman
Economics Department