In my new book, The Pathology of the U.S. Economy Revisited, I tried to make
the case that this success rested, in part, on prior conditions: a new
capital stock coming out of the Great Depression and World War II, the
destruction of competing economies, and a very favorable debt structure.

--

Michael Perelman
Economics Department