Doesn't fraud also accompany a falling rate of profit?  I have thought about
this relationship quite a bit, but I have seen relatively little written about
it.

As profit rates fall, companies resort to more and more risky behavior to
compensate for the fall into rate of profit.  In the process, they resort to
first flaky and then fraudulent behavior.

Any thoughts on this?

--

Michael Perelman
Economics Department