Doug Henwood wrote:

> And when are those contradictions of capitalism that Rakesh is
> talking about really going to bite? I mean something more than a
> nibble. The phrase has been around for what, like a century?

They've been biting every second of every day for several hundred years.
What else would make capitalism so radically different from other social
systems, and so radically different from itself yet always the same.

What is your conception of politics anyhow? I don't really understand
this lust for a crystal-ball foundation for political thought.

Carrol