The observation about the populist theme of "the many and the few,"
in contrast to class, is accurate.  So much the worse for hackneyed
class analysis.  ("Workers and peasants of the Bronx!")

The way the Pops chose to 'unrig' the market included a) nationalizing
the railroads; b) co-ops allowing farmers to band together in buying
supplies and selling their output; and c) a new monetary system to
replace the extant chaos of private banks.  Laying this to Adam
Smith is quite a stretch, sort of like looking for crucifixion
symbolism in Hemingway.  -- mbs