On Wed, 18 Jun 2003 16:57:17 -0400, Barkley Rosser
wrote:

>     Briefly, there were
> indeed "intellectual bubbles" regarding cybernetics,
> catastrophe theory, chaos theory, and complexity
theory,
> which rose and then fell.

What's your view on Didier Sornette and log-periodic
power laws?  Another intellectual bubble developing?
I've got his "Why Stock Markets Crash" and there is
some good stuff there, but he appears to be trying to
extend his theory into a general principle of stock
market movements.  HE's also predicted economic
collapse somewhere around 2050, which is usually the
economic iconoclast's equivalent of jumping the shark.

dd