Doug writes:
> Also, the fashion lately has been to contract out for more services
> and supplies - to bring activities out of the firm and back into the
> marketplace.

A friend once expressed the essence of this neo-liberalism: if the world doesn't fit
with the model, force it to do so.

I heard a bit today on US NPR about how this kind of out-sourcing of services is
hurting the US national parks: among other things, the volunteers who help with the
parks don't want to help pad the bottom line of private corporations and are likely to
stop their volunteering. (This fits with the ideas of a NC who's even less orthodox
than OW, Bruno Frey. Frey argues that relying on market motivation can easily
undermine intrinsic motivation to do so something.)

jim