Yes Ian, that book on General Motors exists. See
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0805052534/qid=1058303758/sr=2-3/ref=
sr_2_3/002-9116098-3703241

There is a literature on this, for instance

Langholm , Odd Inge, Price and value in the Aristotelian tradition 1979 and
Wealth and money in the Aristotelian tradition: a study in scholastic
economies 1983

Meikle, Scott, Aristotle's economic thought 1997

I cannot find the stuff I read on this a long time ago, I haven't read the
titles I just cited, but of Scott Meikle I know he is a reputable scholar. A
point which conventional "make-more-money" economists often miss, is that
the value theory Marx sought to tidy up intellectually did not just drop out
of the air, or eventuated with Ricardo's genius, or necessarily even Petty,
but goes back thousands of years in economic history, if you care to do a
bit of anthropological digging around. This not only adds clout to Marx's
argument, as Ernest Mandel pointed out, but also makes it intellectually
easier to develop Marx's idea in a modern context (as against the "orthodox"
idea that if Marx said it, it is true, but if anybody else says it, it must
be wrong or some terrible revisionism). As Anwar Shaikh mentioned a few
times, even a 93 percent LTV is better, and has more predictive power, than
a theory which says that prices are determined by other prices which are
determined by other prices and which are determined by other prices and
which are determined by other prices.

Regards

Jurriaan