> when he was a leftist, he encouraged a lot of irrational suffering to
promote himself (using, e.g., plagiarism).

What form did this plagiarism take ? Generally, I take this type of
behaviour to mean that you use something somebody else did, but suggest or
imply that you came up with the idea or that you did it. However, you might
also be accused of plagiarism, even although you did not intend to present
something you took or received legitimately from somebody else, as if you
invented it, but just wanted to use it for your own purposes in your
personal life. Interpretations of exactly what was plagiarised may differ,
and the plagiarism difficult to prove - the conclusion I drew about this as
a 15 year-old in trying to sort out for myself what was fair in the matter
of giving and getting, taking and receiving, was that "truth" was
insufficient by itself, it required also honesty and other virtues, i.e. a
genuine intention.

Thanks

Jurriaan