Anders Schneiderman wrote:
Speaking of which, anybody know of a good relatively recent article from a progressive perspective about how airline deregulation fared? I've seen a couple of moderates in the last few days who have said, hey deregulation isn't all that bad look at the airlines. My impression is that in the airline industry, prices are down for lucky people like myself who live in DC but not for people who live in my hometown, Syracuse New York, and that travel biplane is a lot more painful than it used to be -- nothing seems to run on time, even when you take into account the new security. But that's only my impression, and I'd be curious what the data say.

I wrote about this at:
http://www.columbia.edu/~lnp3/mydocs/economics/airline_deregulation.htm

I intended to do a series of articles on deregulation, including ones on
the power industry, media, etc. But, like all my other dilettantish
efforts, I got sidetracked...

--

The Marxism list: www.marxmail.org